Photobucket

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Books and Random Updates

I didn't write any special Father's Day post for my dad or father-in-law but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the support they give to Brandon and I.
 
Although last night at 3am when I turned off my kindle after finishing a book I realized a trait I inherited from my father. It is almost guaranteed that if you give my dad a new book or let him borrow one he will be up until all hours of the night, possibly til morning, drowning in his new read. And I'm no different.
 
I read in spurts. Sometimes I'm really into books and others I am not. I know that if I was back home I would spend my time sewing and crafting instead of reading but that isn't an option here. I also got an Amazon gift card from my grandparents for my birthday in May thus encouraging summer reading.
 
In the last two weeks I have finished four books and am halfway through a fifth. (I wanted to re-read The Great Gatsby before we saw the movie but only made it halfway.)
 
Bloom - Kelle Hamptom
The Duck Commander Family - Willie and Korie Robertson
The Next Best Thing - Jennifer Weiner
Wedding Night - Sophie Kinsella
The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
 


I've enjoyed them all. Each different than the others but when I finished these I was stumped what to read next. So I ask one of my favorite blogging friends Chelsea who also happens to be the cutest book worm I know, and she recommended this list for me and I'm starting at the top.

Gone Girl: A Novel - Gillian Flynn
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
Love Anthony - Lisa Genova
Defending Jacob: A Novel - William Landay
 
So there you go a few recommendations for summer reads. If you've read anything else great I'd love to hear.
 
 

 
It's rained here twice this week which isn't very much considering it's rainy season. So I just keep cherries in the fridge and my nose in a book.
 
For now I enjoy the rain but if it could hold off the 27th through the 6th it would be highly appreciated. My calendar is full of sightseeing with my sister and rain is not invited. Speaking of, that special sister had a birthday over the weekend and I got to facetime with the entire family at  3 a.m. in the morning...their time! They were quite entertaining. So bummed to miss out on these family celebrations so we sent a birthday surprise for everyone to enjoy, because it's the least we can do 5,000 miles away.



Remember that teeny tiny injury I mentioned that  man of mine had? It is practically all healed up and gone. So grateful for that and having him around here extra. I realized last night that I'm going to miss him when he starts leaving on the road again.
 
This past week I also ordered my bridesmaid dress for my sister-in-laws wedding. I can't believe how quickly that is approaching.
 
And while all of that is going on I am anxiously waiting for word from one of my best friends back home that her new baby boy has decided to come into this world.
 
If it wasn't for technology I would be lost and although it seems like we are missing out on quite a bit going on back home, our family and friends are doing an excellent job keeping in contact with us making us feel connected. And we are grateful.
 
Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment